Bylaw Services is here to help you understand the City of Fernie's Bylaws.
Through education and enforcement, Bylaw Services works with residents, businesses and visitors to achieve bylaw compliance and foster a safe, healthy and respectful community.
The City's Bylaw Enforcement & Response to Citizen Complaints Policy governs the handling and management of complaints to ensure thorough, prompt and courteous receipt, processing, investigation and resolution thereof.
The Seasonal Bylaw Enforcement Priorities and the Municipal Bylaw Education and Enforcement Implementation Plan adopted by Council were developed as part of the City's bylaw education and enforcement program to compliment the policy while educating and reminding citizens of the City's various regulatory bylaws to encourage voluntary compliance.
Please see the Municipal Ticket Information (MTI) pay for information on paying or disputing tickets.
How to Report a Bylaw Violation
Bylaw Services investigates bylaw violations on a complaint basis. If you want to report a Bylaw Violation, follow these easy steps:
- Report the violation:
- Online at Report Problem/Request Service
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- By phone at (250) 423-2244
- Provide your full name and phone number so we can contact you if we have questions
- Provide details about the violation including:
- the date and time you observed the violation
- any other information you think would be helpful to our investigation
Protection of Personal Information
We will not disclose you personal information to individuals or business under investigation. We collect your name and phone number to help us contact you if we have questions or need clarification.
If the matter goes to court, we may be required by the courts to provide witness statements or other forms of evidence which could include your contact information.
Bylaw Enforcement Quarterly Reports
Quarterly Reports presented to Council can be viewed online here.
Questions about Bylaw Services?
Contact Bylaw Services at (250) 423-2244 or email@example.com
- Business Licences
- Municipal Ticket Information (MTI)
- Encroachments on City Property
- Property Maintenance & Use
- Parking Regulations