- in a manner contrary to a traffic control device;
- in a manner contrary winter parking regulations (in order to facilitate snow removal during the period of November 1st to April 15th);
- for a continuous period in excess of 72 hours unless posted otherwise;
- as to obstruct the movement of vehicles into or out of a driveway, private road, garage, carport or parking lot adjoining the highway;
- so that any portion of the vehicle is adjacent to a curb painted yellow or red;
- by parallel parking within one metre (3.28 ft) of any other vehicle;
- facing in the opposite direction to the flow of traffic:
- parallel to a curb not more than 30cm (12 inches) from the curb;
- where angle parking is permitted, with the right front wheel of the vehicle not more than 30cm (12 inches) from the curb; at the angle indicated by parking lines marked on the highway; and where no parking lines are marked on the highway, at an angle of not less than 30 and not more than 60 degrees from the curb;
- greater than 6.5m (21.23 ft) in length in an angle parking space;
- with a gross vehicle weight of 10,200 kilograms (22,500 pounds) or more between the hours of 8:00p.m. and 6:00a.m., other than in an area zoned for transportation, industrial or wholesale commercial uses or designated for truck parking; nor at any other time and location, for more than 2 hours;
- in a lane less than six 6m (19.68 ft) in width, nor stop a vehicle in such a lane except for the purpose of and while engaged in loading or unloading passengers or goNo person shall remove any notice or ticket placed or affixed on a vehicle by a Bylaw Enforcement Officer except the owner or operator of the motor vehicle.ods, and shall not in any case obstruct the movement of vehicular traffic through, into or out of the lane; nor remain for a period exceeding 30 minutes;
- less than 3m (9.8 ft) from an intersection;
- less than 5m (16.4 ft) from a fire hydrant;
- less than 5m (16.4 ft) from a crosswalk;
- less than 15m (49.21 ft) from railway crossing;
- for the purpose of selling or offering for sale any article or commodity from the vehicle unless authorized by the City to do; and
- No person shall park any trailer, which is not attached to a motor vehicle on any highway.
No person shall remove any notice or ticket placed or affixed on a vehicle by a Bylaw Enforcement Officer except the owner or operator of the motor vehicle. To learn more about violations and fines, please visit Parking Concerns & Tickets.
NOTE: This information is provided as a general reference only. A complete certified copy of the Streets & Traffic Bylaw is available from the City Clerk.