Regular Council Meeting
November 28, 2022 (7:00pm - 9:00pm)
A Regular Meeting of Council will be held on Monday, November 28, 2022, at 7:00pm.
To attend the meeting webinar, please click the link below or call 1.778.907.2071
Webinar ID: 897 9265 8163
The meeting will also be streamed via Facebook Live and available for viewing at your convenience here.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are not able to support in-person public attendance at this time. The City is pleased to offer public input at Regular Meetings of Council through electronic and telephone options:
To attend and participate electronically:
- Click on the webinar link provided above and you will automatically join when the meeting is started. You will be muted and will not be visible to other participants (video off) except as part of the attendee list, which is visible to the host (City staff).
- If you would like to contribute during a public input period, please “raise your hand” by clicking the “raise hand” button. The host will indicate to the Mayor your wish to provide input and will send you a prompt to unmute your mic when appropriate. Note that while unmuted, your name and profile picture are displayed to the host and panelists (Council). Only your name is displayed to other attendees.
- Once you have completed your comments, the host will lower your hand and mute your microphone.
To attend and participate by telephone:
- Please call 1.778.907.2071. You will be prompted to enter the Webinar ID (listed above), followed by #.
- Press # again to wait until the host joins the meeting.
- You will be automatically assigned an attendee number based on your place in the telephone queue.
- If you would like to contribute during a public input period, the following commands can be entered using your phone’s dial pad:
- *6 to mute / unmute
- *9 to raise hand
- The host will indicate to the Mayor your wish to provide input and will send you a prompt to unmute your mic when appropriate. Once you have completed your comments, the Host will lower your hand and you must mute your handset.
The following guidelines apply during the Public Participation Period:
- Public participation period is limited to 15 minutes
- A speaker may only address Council once for a maximum of 3 minutes, unless authorized otherwise by unanimous vote of Council members present
- Speakers must restrict their remarks to items that are listed on the meeting agenda
- Speakers must not address Council regarding a matter for which a public hearing must be held or has been held prior to Council's consideration of the matter or adoption of the bylaw
- Speakers must not address Council regarding a permit for which public notice must be given or has been given prior to Council's consideration of issuance of the permit
- Speakers shall address all comments through the Mayor or presiding member
Additional guidelines for public participation are listed in Council Procedure Bylaw No. 2446.
To appear before Council as a delegation, please review the information here.