Vision, Mission & Values
Fernie is an economically, environmentally and socially vibrant resilient community where quality of life is paramount.
Create and maintain a great community.
- Build and maintain a well planned City and infrastructure that balances social, economic and environmental values and contributes to an excellent quality of life
- Be responsible stewards of the public trust
- Ensure that financial and human resources are used effectively and efficiently
- Actively involve and engaged the whole community in a meaningful manner
- Report information about activities and operations of the city
- Unleash the creativity found in our citizens and employees
- Find new and better ways of doing things; learn from others and past experiences
- Demonstrate honesty and sincerity in our work and service
- Be open and transparent in our communications to create and informed community
- Advocate for what we believe in an open and honest way; and demonstrate commitment to long-terms goals and the City's vision
- Provide quality service
- Practice continuous improvement
- The way we work and the community we create