Candidate Nomination Packages
- Local Government Candidate Forms Package
- Local Government Elector Organization Package
- School Trustee Elector Organization Forms Package
- School Trustee Forms Package
- Begins: Tuesday, August 30, 2022, at 8 am
- Ends: Friday, September 9, 2022, at 4 pm
Other important dates
|January 1 to September 16, 2022||Election Period
Campaigns must report all expenses incurred during the election period
|July 18 to September 16, 2022||Pre-campaign period
Election advertising rules come into force
|September 17 to October 15, 2022||Campaign period|
|September 13, 2022||Deadline for challenge of nominations and electoral organization endorsements|
|September 16, 2022||
Deadline for withdrawal as a candidate
Deadline for electoral organization endorsement or candidate withdrawal of the endorsement
|September 16, 2022||Deadline to deliver original nomination documents—if previously emailed or faxed—to the Election Office|
Qualifications for positions
To be eligible to run as a candidate, at the time of nomination you must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older on Election Day
- Canadian citizen
- resident of BC for at least six months prior to the date of nomination (August 30, 2022)
- not disqualified by any act or law from voting in British Columbia, or from being nominated for, elected to or holding the office, or be otherwise disqualified by law
Other important notes for candidates:
- You don’t need to live in the area to be a candidate.
- If you currently work for the City of Fernie or the School District, you must take a leave of absence before being nominated.
- Federal employees must apply to the Public Service Commission for permission.
- At least two qualified City of Fernie electors (whose names must be on Election BC's list of electors) must nominate you per the Local Government Act.