George S. Majic Spiritus Award
The George S. Majic Spiritus Award is presented annually by the City of Fernie in memory of George S. Majic to a person or persons who for many years have demonstrated a constant commitment to our community through their love of Fernie.
Through their contributions they enhance and honor community values, to enrich our community as a whole. The award was created by his family and friends in Sault Ste. Marie, Ont. as a way of honoring George's life service.
Previous Award Recipients:
- 2006 Inaugural Recipient - Antonio "Benny" Mangone
- 2007 Recipient - Isabelle McLeod
- 2008 Recipients - Doug and Wilda Quail
- 2009 Recipient - Vern McGarrigle
- 2010 Recipient - Mary Menduk
- 2011 Recipient - Anita Palmer
- 2012 Recipient - George Smith
- 2013 Recipient - Mario Rocca
- 2015 Recipient - Pat Gilmar
- 2016 Recipient - Heiko Socher
- 2017 Recipient - Gerry Pang