Public Notice - Development Variance Permit No. 533
January 9, 2023
Pursuant to Section 499 of the Local Government Act, public notice is hereby given that Council for the City of Fernie will consider the issuance of Development Variance Permit No. DVP-533 at a Regular Meeting of Council on TUESDAY, JANUARY 24, 2023, at 7:00 PM in Council Chambers at FERNIE CITY HALL located at 501 – 3rd Avenue, Fernie, BC.
Regular Council meetings are available for all members of the public to watch electronically via a Zoom webinar link posted to the City of Fernie website prior to each meeting. Council Meetings can also be viewed via a Facebook live stream from the City of Fernie Facebook page.
If a member of the public is unable to access a meeting online, the meeting may be viewed at the city’s Specified Place, located at the Operations Facility (1492 Railway Avenue). Please visit www.fernie.ca/meetings for more information.
Location: The Montane Community Development, Montane Parkway
Legal Description: Lot A District Lot 4589 Kootenay District Plan EPP100240 Except Plan EPP106625
Purpose: The proposed variance will allow the applicant to construct a road on the subject lot by varying the Subdivision and Servicing Bylaw No. 1727 as follows:
- Vary Detail B-3b to reduce the pavement width From: 11.0 metres To: 7.0 metres with a flat panel curb each side instead of roll-over curb.
- Vary Detail B-3b to increase the sidewalk width From: 1.35 metres To: 2.5 metres.
- Vary Detail B-3b to replace storm sewer with road-side ditches.
- Vary Section C.2.4 and Standard Detail C5 to replace 100mm concrete material with 50mm asphalt detail as per Bylaw 1727 Table B.8.
- Vary Section G7 and G9 Decorative Street Light Standards and Luminaries to allow for an alternative light standard and fixture.
Application Supporting Documents:
- Public Notice
- Request For Decision
- DVP No. 533
- Road Cross Section Detail
- Decorative Street Light
- DVP No. 360
PROVIDE YOUR COMMENTS:
Public participation will be accepted through written submission and must be submitted before 2:00 PM the day of the Public Hearing by any of the following formats:
Mail: City of Fernie, PO Box 190, Fernie, BC V0B 1M0
Drop Off: Insert in front door mail slot at City Hall 501 – 3rd Avenue, Fernie, BC
All written submissions must include your name and street address and are public information pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Please note that written submissions will form part of the public record and will be published in the meeting agenda. For information about the proposed development variance permit please contact the Planning Department at (250) 423.6817 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice was distributed in accordance with Section 499 of the Local Government Act.