Interior Health Update on COVID-19 Cluster in Fernie
February 10, 2021
The following is an update about the Fernie local health area COVID-19 community cluster initially declared on Jan. 27:
- Since Jan. 1, a total of 97 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in this region.
- No new cases of COVID-19 were confirmed since our last report on Feb. 5.
- A total of three COVID-19 cases are currently active and in self-isolation.
- Since reporting this cluster, 94 people have recovered.
Note: One case previously attributed to the Fernie region was from another jurisdiction and has been removed from the previous total of 98.
Most of the recent COVID-19 transmission related to this community cluster occurred at social events and gatherings.
Everyone is reminded that socialization must be limited to immediate household bubbles. Interior Health is thankful for the ongoing support of local physicians, health care staff, elected officials and community leaders as we support the community together. IH will release regular updates on this community cluster on Tuesdays and Fridays and in addition, everyone is encouraged to monitor the BCCDC website for ongoing COVID-19 data.
Everyone in all communities should remain vigilant in following COVID-19 precautions:
- Keep to your household bubbles and avoid social gatherings.
- Stay home when you are sick and get tested if you have any symptoms consistent with COVID19.
- Practise physical distancing
- Wear a mask.
- Wash your hands often
- Avoid all non-essential travel
Booking a COVID-19 test: Online: You can book an appointment online through the COVID-19 Test Booking Form: https://interiorhealthcovid.secureform.ca/index.php
By phone: Call the COVID-19 Test Booking Line at 1-877-740-7747 for assistance with booking your test.