Cashier Receptionist I
Competition Number: 2023-27
Job Title: Cashier Receptionist I
Department: Aquatics- Parks, Facilities and Recreation
Employment Type: 15-22 Guaranteed Hours
Posted Date: December 4, 2023
Closing Date: December 15, 2023
Last Updated Date: December 4, 2023, 2:49
15-22 Guaranteed Hours (unbenefitted)
Posted December 4, 2023
The City of Fernie invites applications from qualified persons for the position of Cashier/Receptionist I. This position is required to work 15-22 hours per week and is required to work evenings and weekends. Reporting to the Manager of Parks and Recreation, or their designate, the Cashier/Receptionist I is responsible for performing registration/reception, inventory, cash management and cashier duties related to the operation of the Parks, Facilities and Recreation Department.
The successful candidate will be required to receive and process cash, credit card, debit card and cheque remittances and must have the ability to learn and operate a networked personal computer and software programs utilized in the Department.
Note: this job description is under review through a joint committee between the City and CUPE Local-2093 to more accurately reflect the current roles and responsibilities of all positions at the City.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide reception duties including greeting the public in person and over the telephone, handling complaints and directing service requests.
- Oversee the control of inventory.
- Provide information to the public and answer inquiries concerning programs, services, events, and bookings.
- Collect fees, reconcile daily cash reports, prepare float, and conduct other cash transactions as required.
- Maintain registration records, departmental booking records and issue receipts for money received. Prepares related reports.
- Assist with bookings in parks, arenas, and facilities in the ActiveNet software system.
- Process registrations in the ActiveNet software system for recreation activities and programs.
- Assist with preparing letters, reports, forms, memoranda, articles, and other materials.
- Other duties as required.
- Training and experience in a computerized work environment specifically in a Windows based environment working with Microsoft Office.
- Meets BC Employment Standards minimum age requirements.
- Must be able to maintain pleasant and effective relations with the public and employees.
- Must be able to receive and process payments. Must be bondable.
- JOB POSTING
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and will not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Employees may perform other related duties and tasks as required to meet the needs of the operation.
Salary will be in accordance with current CUPE contract, with a wage rate of $23.95/HR and this position is required to work 15-22 hours per week including evening and weekends.
Detailed applications containing cover letter and resume should be received:
For external applicants, no later than 2:00 PM December 15, 2023.
Jacquie Hill, Manager of Parks and Recreation
cc: Human Resources
P.O. Box 190, Fernie, BC V0B 1M0 or
The City of Fernie strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, City of Fernie will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
No additional documents available for this post.