Competition Number: 2023-08
Job Title: Cashier/Receptionist I
Department: Aquatics- Parks, Facilities and Recreation
Employment Type: (22-40 hours/week) Permanent
Posted Date: March 3, 2023
Closing Date: March 17, 2023
Last Updated Date: March 17, 2023, 2:01
22-40 Guaranteed Hours (Benefited)
Posted March 03, 2023
The City of Fernie invites applications from qualified persons for the position of Cashier/Receptionist I. This benefitted position is required to work 22-40 hours per week and is required to work evenings and weekends. Reporting to the Manager of Parks and Recreation, or their designate, the Cashier/Receptionist I is responsible for performing registration, reception, inventory, cash management and cashier duties related to the operation of the Aquatics Department.
The successful candidate will be required to receive and process cash, credit card, debit card and cheque remittances and must have the ability to learn and operate a networked personal computer and software programs utilized in the Department.
NOTE: This job description is under review through a joint committee between the City and CUPE Local-2093 to more accurately reflect the current roles and responsibilities of all positions at the City.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide reception duties including greeting the public in person and over the telephone, handling complaints and directing service requests.
- Oversee the control of inventory.
- Provide information to the public and answer inquiries concerning programs, services, events, and bookings.
- Collect fees, reconcile daily cash reports, prepare float, and conduct other cash transactions as required.
- Maintain registration records, departmental booking records and issue receipts for money received. Prepares related reports.
- Responsible for processing and preparing orders for saleable goods.
- Assist with preparing letters, reports, forms, memoranda, articles, and other materials.
- Other duties as required.
- Training and experience in a computerized work environment specifically in a Windows based environment working with Microsoft Office.
- Meets BC Employment Standards minimum age requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Must be able to maintain pleasant and effective relations with the public and employees.
- Must be able to receive and process payments. Must be bondable.
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and will not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Employees may perform other related duties and tasks as required to meet the needs of the operation.
Salary will be in accordance with current CUPE contract, at a wage rate of $23.95/hour, is a benefitted position, required that to work 22-40 hours per week, inclusive of evening hours and weekends, and is a part of Schedule B of the CUPE Collective Agreement.
Detailed applications containing cover letter and resume should be received by 2:00 PM March 17, 2023, and be addressed to:
Jacquie Hill, Manager of Parks and Recreation
cc: Human Resources
P.O. Box 190, Fernie, BC V0B 1M0 or
The City of Fernie strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, City of Fernie will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
No additional documents available for this post.