Beautification Committee Seeks New Volunteer Member
July 5, 2017
Gain Experience. Get Involved. Become a Volunteer!
The City is seeking a volunteer from the community to participate on the Beautification Committee. The City installs and displays seasonal lighting and decorations, banners and flowers for festive occasions, to promote community and cultural events, for tourism and marketing purposes, and to instill community pride and enhance its visual aesthetic.
The Beautification Committee formulates recommendations regarding initiatives and priorities within a specified framework and is responsible for:
- Developing and recommending on strategies and expenditures for the beautification of public spaces and commercial and residential neighborhoods such as landscaping, streetscaping, furnishings, banners, and seasonal decorations;
- Researching and making recommendations and reports to Council for an overall vision for the above;
- Developing and recommending a budget and implementation plan for the above;
- Developing and recommending an annual operational timeline for the above.
How Can You Apply?
- Review the Terms of Reference to determine if this committee is the right fit for you.
- Submit a letter of interest addressed to Council including:
- Name, mailing & residential address and telephone number
- Related experience.
- A brief statement regarding what you feel you can contribute to the committee.
Written submissions can be provided by any of the following methods:
- IN PERSON: Drop off written submissions at the reception desk, City Hall, 501-3rd Avenue;
- BY FAX: 250 423.3034;
- BY MAIL: City of Fernie, Director of Corporate Administration Services, PO Box 190, Fernie BC, V0B 1M0;
- BY EMAIL: email submission should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply is 4:00PM on MONDAY, July 31, 2017. Thank you for your interest in serving the civic needs of your City!