Recreation Program Coordinator
Competition Number: 2023-06
Job Title: Recreation Program Coordinator
Department: Parks, Facilities and Recreation
Employment Type: Full Time, Temporary
Posted Date: March 3, 2023
Closing Date: March 20, 2023
Last Updated Date: March 20, 2023, 2:01
Recreation Program Coordinator
(Student) Parks, Facilities, and Recreation Department
Temporary, Full Time
Posted March 03, 2023
The City of Fernie is now accepting applications for a Temporary, Full Time, Recreation Program Coordinator, within the Parks and Recreation department. Employment for this position will be up to forty (40) hours per week, based on program registration, starting on or about June 1st, 2023, and will be part of CUPE Local 2093. This position is posted internally and externally concurrently.
Applicants for the positions listed below must be mature, performance orientated individuals with the ability to work extremely well with others and independently with little supervision. They must work in a safe and responsible manner, and exercise good public relations, particularly with youth. Applicants must be enrolled in full time post-secondary education.
NOTE: This job description is not ratified and is under review through a joint committee between the City and CUPE Local 2093 to more accurately reflect the current roles and responsibilities of all positions at the City.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Recreation Program Coordinator assists in the promotion, coordination, and delivery of summer recreation programming. The Recreation Program Coordinator will provide and maintain a safe environment that delivers fun, entertaining programs that promote recreation, creativity, and inclusivity for participants.
- Assists with development, coordination and oversight of recreation programs, events, and activities.
- Provides leadership and supervision for all programs, events, and Recreation Leaders.
- Provides a safe, fun, and entertaining environment for all program participants.
- Performs in accordance with the WorkSafeBC, Child Protection & Code of Conduct Policies.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Meets BC Employment Standards minimum age requirements.
- Enrolled in full time post-secondary education.
- Current Standard First Aid Certification from a recognized agency* (*Recognized agency – as defined by Worksafe BC.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Can assist in developing programs, events, and activities.
- Can provide an exciting, enjoyable, enthusiastic, and safe environment for all participants.
- Can have fun and interact very well with a wide variety of ages.
- A good knowledge of activities, games, and sports for a variety of ages.
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Can demonstrate strong written, verbal and conflict resolution skills for effectively communicating with all ages.
- Demonstrated ability to tactfully handle sensitive and personal information.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience directing children.
- Recreation programming experience.
- Resiliency to all weather.
- Positive attitude.
All positions are scheduled to end on or before September 1st, 2023. All student position applicants must be returning to a post secondary institution as full-time registered students. Proof of registration and tuition payment for full time studies in August 2023 is mandatory from all students.
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and will not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Employees may perform other related duties and tasks as required to meet the needs of the operation.
Wages are in accordance with CUPE Local 2093 ($22.70/ Hour), and is a part of Schedule B of the Collective Agreement. This is a non benefited position with limited time off available.
Detailed applications containing resume and cover letter should be received.
For internal applicants, by 2:00 PM March 10, 2023,
For external applicants, by 2:00 PM March 20, 2023,
and be addressed; email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Jacquie Hill, Manager of Parks and Recreation
c/o Human Resources
City of Fernie, PO Box 190
Fernie, BC, V0B 1M0 or
The City of Fernie strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, City of Fernie will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
No additional documents available for this post.