Competition Number: 2022-26
Job Title: Operator I
Department: Public Works
Employment Type: Full Time, Temporary (Seasonal)
Posted Date: September 1, 2022
Closing Date: September 29, 2022
Last Updated Date: September 29, 2022, 2:01
Operator 1 – Full-time – Temporary Seasonal
Posted September 1, 2022
The City of Fernie is inviting applications for the positions of Operator 1 – Full-Time, Temporary, Seasonal, in the Public Works department. This is a position that will require shift work, inclusive of weekends, afternoons etc. This position is intended to support snow removal services through the winter season.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working under the general direction of the Manager of Streets and Utilities, and Assistant Manager, an Operator I will be expected to undertake some training from the employer on equipment, in such areas as snow removal, road repair, water & sewer systems maintenance.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- All duties outlined for a Laborer/Janitor/Operator I
- Operating equipment such as grass cutting machines, Bobcat, pavement cutter and snow blowers, etc.
- Operating single axle heavy trucks, sewer flusher, light equipment and other related equipment
- Performing minor repairs, greasing, oiling, minor servicing of the equipment involved
- Making daily inspections of equipment operated to ensure safety and efficiency
- Painting, simple plumbing, basic carpentry
- Weeding, seeding, turfing and other grounds maintenance
- Maintaining simple records, including maintenance records and inputs computer data
- Securing equipment, property, buildings and vehicles
- Training/Equipment training as assigned
- Other related duties as may be assigned from time to time
Applicants shall be performance orientated individuals, able to work well with others and independently with little supervision. Shift work is required.
- Class 3 BC Driver’s License with Air BC Driver’s License
- Experience with single axle trucks, bobcat, or equivalent equipment
- Experience as a Laborer/janitor with the city, or equivalent experienced knowledge.
In making promotions the applicant with the greatest seniority, if internal applicant, and having the required qualifications and ability to do the job, shall be awarded the position. The City shall determine the qualifications and ability in a fair and equitable manner.
Wage rate is $36.67/hr. and benefits are in accordance with C.U.P.E. 2093 Collective Agreement.
Detailed applications containing resume and cover letter should be received by 2:00 P.M. September 29, 2022, and be addressed to:
Brad Bjarnason, Assistant Manager Operations, City of Fernie, 501 – 3rd Ave, PO Box 190, Fernie, BC, V0B 1M0 or email@example.com
No additional documents available for this post.