Operator 3- Wastewater
Competition Number: 2022-17
Job Title: Operator 3- Wastewater
Department: Engineering and Public Works
Employment Type: Full Time- Permanent
Posted Date: May 4, 2022
Closing Date: June 01, 2022
Last Updated Date: June 1, 2022, 2:01
Operator 3 - Wastewater
Full Time - Permanent
Posted May 4, 2022
The City of Fernie invites applications from qualified persons for the position of Operator 3, Full-time, Permanent in the Wastewater Department.
Reporting to the Manager of Public Works, or designate, the Operator 3 performs the operation and maintenance of the wastewater collection and wastewater treatment systems. The collection system comprises 57km of sewer mains, 2200 service connections, 600 manholes and 7 pumping stations. The treatment system comprises aerated lagoons, phosphorus removal and UV disinfection, aeration basins and river outfall.
Additionally, this position will be responsible to perform a variety of general and specific duties in the operation and servicing of various heavy equipment.
Note this job description is under review through a joint committee between the City and CUPE Local-2093 to more accurately reflect the current roles and responsibilities of all positions at the City.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Install or repair sanitary main lines, services and manholes
• Pipe Inspections utilizing CCTV equipment
• Periodic flushing of mains utilizing Vactor Truck
• Operation and Maintenance of screens
• Operations and Maintenance of pumps, valves and air systems
• Collection and Analysis of Wastewater Samples
• Operating water and sewer systems including lift station pumps, lagoons and aeration equipment;
• Grounds Maintenance at all facilities
• Operating equipment with attachments
• Maintaining records, including maintenance records and inputs computer data;
• Other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Valid BC Driver’s License, minimum Class 3 with air brakes endorsement
• Level 1 Wastewater Treatment and Level 1 Wastewater Collection certification OR OIT certification
Detailed applications containing a resume and cover letter should be received no later than 2:00 PM, June 1 st, 2022.
Applications can be addressed to Dustin Haeusler; firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Dustin Haeusler, Acting Director of Engineering and Public Works
c/o Human Resources City of Fernie,
501 – 3 rd Ave, PO Box 190 Fernie, BC, V0B 1M0
No additional documents available for this post.