Municipal Clerk I (2 positions)
Competition Number: 2023-05
Job Title: Municipal Clerk I (2 positions)
Employment Type: Casual
Posted Date: March 2, 2023
Closing Date: March 10, 2023
Last Updated Date: March 10, 2023, 2:01
Municipal Clerk I
(Casual, Two positions)
Posted March 03, 2023
The City of Fernie is now accepting applications for up to two (2) Casual, Municipal Clerk I. These positions are casual in nature, with no guarantee of hours.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance, or their delegate, the Municipal Clerk I is responsible for departmental clerical and administrative support work that assists the organization to provide excellent service delivery.
NOTE: This job description is not ratified and is under review through a joint committee between the City and CUPE Local 2093 to more accurately reflect the current roles and responsibilities of all positions at the City.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General clerical and administrative functions.
- Provides customer service in processing inquiries, applications, and payments for a variety of core municipal services provided by the city.
- Maintains files and records, gathers information, and prints and mails materials for distribution as directed or when required.
- Acts as relief in absence for other administrative roles as required, to ensure business continuity.
- Supports organization in coordination and scheduling of meetings, functions, and events.
- Assists in maintaining office supplies.
- All employees shall work in accordance with the City of Fernie’s Safety Management System.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Grade 12 or GED supplemented by some relevant business/commercial/accounting courses or equivalent relevant job experience.
- Basic typing skills at 55 wpm.
- Computer data entry, and word processing skills required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient word processing, data entry, and computer operation skills; including Microsoft Office Suite, and general business tools experience.
- Ability to tactfully handle confidential inquiries and information.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Experience working in a municipal environment.
- Education or experience in agenda preparation and minute taking.
- Positive attitude with a collaborative demeanor.
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and will not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Employees may perform other related duties and tasks as required to meet the needs of the operation.
Detailed applications containing resume and cover letter should be received by 2:00 PM March 10, 2023, and be addressed to Suzanne Halley; firstname.lastname@example.org
Suzanne Halley, Manager of Finance
c/o Human Resources
City of Fernie, PO Box 190
Fernie, BC, V0B 1M0 or
The City of Fernie strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, City of Fernie will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
No additional documents available for this post.