Fernie Outdoor Community Rink
The Outdoor Rink is an nhl-size ice surface located next to the Fernie Aquatic Centre at 250 Pine Ave.
The ice-surface is free for the public to use and is open daily, weather dependent, from daylight until 10pm.
For private bookings, please contact our Community Services Department at 250.423.2245. All bookings must be made with 48 hours notice.
January Private Bookings (Outdoor Community Rink unavailable to the public at these times):
January 22 6:30pm - 7:30pm
January 25 1:30pm - 2:30pm
January 26 2:00pm - 3:30pm
Schedule for 2018/19 Season
Daily use is available during the following times:
Code of Conduct
If the flag is GREEN, Rink is Open, and Skating is Allowed.
If the flag is RED, Rink is Closed, and Skating is NOT Allowed.
These flags are located on the Zamboni Shed and are visible from the parking lot.
- Skate at your own risk
- Use only when ice is safe and in good condition
- Please follow posted schedule
- Helmets are strongly recommended
- Children 12 and under should be supervised
- Please clean up after yourself (no glass bottles, no food on the ice)
- No unauthorized motor vehicles in the park or on the ice surface
- No slap shots
- No alcoholic beverages permitted
- Please assist us by shoveling the ice whenever required, shovels on site.
- Ice programming may be affected due to condition of ice, watch for flags. Flooding and Maintenance requirements may impact booking times.
Report damage or maintenance issues to Arena Facility Operator 250.430.1767