The City of Fernie's Sign Bylaw No. 1888 provides regulations on signage within the City of Fernie. Allowable sign options in the City of Fernie are:
- awning signs;
- fascia signs;
- free-standing signs;
- hanging signs;
- projecting signs;
- sandwich board signs;
- window signs; and
- other signs as listed under Section 6.3: Permitted Signs of the Sign Bylaw.
Signage within the City requires a Sign Permit in accordance with Sign Bylaw No. 1888.
As noted in Bylaw No. 1888: “Every person constructing, placing, erecting, displaying, altering, repairing or relocating a sign, shall first obtain a sign permit for the sign by making an application.”
Please complete an application form and return it to City Hall with the application submission package:
- Completed application form;
- Application fee;
- Photo of the existing building where sign will be mounted;
- Colour design drawings of sign proposal(s); and
- Colour samples for proposed sign(s).
The application package will be reviewed by the Planning & Development Services Department, and a permit will be issued.