Chief Administrative Officer
The role of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is to provide sound and timely advice to Council on matters of community and strategic significance; to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of Council policies; and to provide corporate leadership in the administration of the day-to-day affairs of the organization. The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer is also lead liaison with a variety of stakeholder organizations.
The CAO's duties and responsibilities include:
- Sets the overall strategic direction for short and long term corporate goals.
- Keeps council up to date on corporate matters.
- Makes recommendations to City Council.
- Ensures Council resolutions are implemented and bylaws enforced.
- Coordinates the presentation and development of the annual budget.
- Motivates and monitors performance to ensure that standards are met, that priorities are pursued and high quality City services are consistently delivered.